Friday, October 5, 2012

Waiting for all the brilliant insight

When you first read a post by Seth Godin, you're struck by the brilliant insight. And then you pause and reflect a bit, and see the banality through the epiphany. 

Usually, when someone says (and I quote from his post)
"I'm just going to wait until all the facts are in" 
it's just a casual way of saying (and I paraphrase slightly from his post)
"I don't know enough at this time to make a useful decision"
or even
"I don't know enough at this time to know what else I need to know to make a useful decision"

Either that or it's a tactful way of saying
"I choose not to respond now"

In such situations, people won't come out and say what exactly they're waiting for, because then they'd be pressed further on that count. Simple, mundane stuff, when you think about it. But to Godin it's a big deal.

Posted via email from HyperActiveX's (Pre)Posterous Posts

blog comments powered by Disqus